In many countries television shows many foreign made programmes The dominance of imported entertainment is harmful to the cultures of these countries To what extent to you agree or disagree Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples fr

In many countries television shows many foreign-made programmes. The dominance of imported entertainment is harmful to the cultures of these countries.

To what extent to you agree or disagree?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

You should write at least 250 words.

Foreign-made programmes are nowadays a widespread part of every country’s television broadcasting and are viewed and followed by the audience of these countries. In my opinion, the dominance of imported entertainment is harmful to the cultures of these countries.

First of all, most imported entertainment takes the form of especially movies and soap operas from Latin America South Korea and Turkey. These are translated into the language of the country to target the large audience. These kinds of programmes are based on fake and imaginary stories with happy endings. These stories influence the people especially teenagers, because they trust what they watch and they understand the life wrongly and try to imitate their role model. Therefore, youth people find themselves at odds with their own beliefs and creeds, and in loss whether they follow what they see in mass media or their parental education.

On other hand, foreign-made programmes are not only about movies and TV series but include also the documentaries which are mostly of them instructive because they brings to the audience a new way of learning different and interesting subjects such as history, health, travel and general culture. This methodology helps visual learner to learn new things quickly through images and pictures, instead of searching out the information from the internet or books.

To sum up, I believe that if the local (national) TV had a good and specially locally-made programmes, they would not import programmes from other countries. As well as this, they could reduce the negative effect vis-à-vis the culture of each country.