he following appeared in the promotional literature for Cerberus dog food Obesity is a great problem among pet dogs just as it is among their human owners Obesity in humans is typically caused by consuming more calories than the body needs For humans a pr

he following appeared in the promotional literature for Cerberus dog food:

"Obesity is a great problem among pet dogs, just as it is among their human owners. Obesity in humans is typically caused by consuming more calories than the body needs. For humans, a proper diet for losing weight is a reduced-calorie diet that is high in fiber and carbohydrates but low in fot Therefore, the best way for dog owners to help their dogs lose weight in a healthy way is to restrict the dog's diet to Cerberus reduced calorie dog food, which is high in fiber and carbohydrates but low in fat."

Discuss how well reasoned you find this argument. In your discussion be sure to analyze the line of reasoning and the use of evidence in the argument. For example, you may need to consider what questionable assumptions underlie the thinking and what alternative explanations or counterexamples might weaken the conclusion. You can also discuss what sort of evidence would strengthen or refute the argument, what changes in the argument would make it more logically sound, and what, if anything, would help you better evaluate its conclusion.

he argument claims that the obesity in dogs is the result of a similar cause as that of humans and therefore losing weight with a reduced calorie diet is the only solution to address this problem .Hence the transition into Cerberus,a reduced-calorie dog food from the typical dog food will help to mitigate the obesity in dogs. Stated in this argument the author fails to mention several key factors on the basis of which it can be evaluated . The conclusion relies on several assumptions for which there is no clear evidenvence. Therefore the argument is weak , unconvincing and has several flaws.
First, the argument claims that consuming more calories than the body requirement is the only cause for being obese. The author doesnot provide with proper medical data for which it can be asserted that calorie imbalance is the primary reason causing obesity . He asserts that low calorie human diet which is high in fibre and and carbohydrates and low in fat can result in weight loss . However ,if this is arguably the healthier diet ,there is no reason to believe that this diet will effectively reduce dog’s, for that matter human’s weight. There may be other needs, like increase in excersize or change in metabolism rate or change in physiological cycles which can address the problem. So, the author must consider including more information about the proper calorie requirements for dogs.
Second, the argument claims that the dietery needs of both dogs and humans are similar. While, the high-fibre, high-carb and low-fat is successful in reducing the weight in human, it is unknown whether this diet is proper or even heathy for dogs. It may be that, the dogs need high protein and fat diet to maintain their body systems. Relegating a dog to a human’s diet may cause several adverse health effects . More information is needed to understand the nutritional necessities of a dog before the recomendation of this can be considered.
Finally, the argument concludes that Cerbus which is a reduced calorie dog food will be effective to all dog breeds and it will apply as an one-solution-fits-all plan for canine weight loss.
In summary, the argument is flawed and unconvincing.Without relevant information the argument remains unsubstantiated and open to debate