The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a Batavia newspaper."The department of agriculture in Batavia reports that the number of dairy farms throughout the country is now 25 percent greater than it was 10 years ago. During this same time perio

The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a Batavia newspaper.

"The department of agriculture in Batavia reports that the number of dairy farms throughout the country is now 25 percent greater than it was 10 years ago. During this same time period, however, the price of milk at the local Excello Food Market has increased from $1.50 to over $3.00 per gallon. To prevent farmers from continuing to receive excessive profits on an apparently increased supply of milk, the Batavia government should begin to regulate retail milk prices. Such regulation is necessary to ensure fair prices for consumers."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The author of the letter to the editor of a Batavia newspaper asserts that in order to prevent local dairy farmers from receiving excessive proceeds, a new government regulation should be imposed to guarantee that price on milk is fair. The author of the argument supports this conclusion by serveral evidences which should be carefully scrutinized in order to give a comprehensive estimation of the soundness of the author's argument.

Firstly, we are given data that the number of farms has increased by 25 per cent in a ten years span. The writer surmises that this increase must lead to deceline of cost of milk due to the his or her belief that demand of public is satisfied by the increased supply. However, the possibility exists that during the decade the population of Batavia has increased via a surge of births or migration from other coutnries or states.The increase of population will cause increase of damand of the product. Moreover, the demand for dairy products may enhance due to government policy which stimulates consumption of milk. In other words, if the damand on dairy products has impoved, the increased supply may not satisfy it.

Secondly, the probability exists that locar farms have switched their attention from milk production on other dairy prodicts. In this case, the 25 per cent increase of the number of firms perhaps does not result in the enhancement of supply of milk. In order to answer on this question a survey may be conducted to learn about the products which are produced by local business before this action is taken we cannot connect the increase of number of the agricultural firms with the supposed increase of volume milk produced.

Thirdly, we were told that cost of milk has soared from $1,5 to $3 per gallon. Does this increase mean that firmers have excessive revenue? Although the increase in dramatic we need to know about inflation in the region. The probability exists that inflation has eaten up the increase in price and producers of the dairy product do not have excessive revenue. The inflation rate may be easily learned, in case, we, for instance, compare prices on bread and other essential products today and ten years ago. In case, we have the same or similar increase in prices we may assert that firmers do not acquire excessive profit and cost of milk is reasonable.

In conclusion, the writer of the letter recommends creation of regulatory norms to limit cost of milk and impede firmers from earning excessive profit, however, our analyzis demonstrats that firmers who produce dairy products may not have excessive revenue and therefore no regulation is needed.

Sentence: The author of the argument supports this conclusion by serveral evidences which should be carefully scrutinized in order to give a comprehensive estimation of the soundness of the author's argument.
Error: serveral Suggestion: several

Sentence: The writer surmises that this increase must lead to deceline of cost of milk due to the his or her belief that demand of public is satisfied by the increased supply.
Error: deceline Suggestion: decline

Sentence: However, the possibility exists that during the decade the population of Batavia has increased via a surge of births or migration from other coutnries or states.The increase of population will cause increase of damand of the product.
Error: damand Suggestion: demand
Error: coutnries Suggestion: countries

Sentence: In other words, if the damand on dairy products has impoved, the increased supply may not satisfy it.
Error: impoved Suggestion: improved
Error: damand Suggestion: demand

Sentence: Secondly, the probability exists that locar farms have switched their attention from milk production on other dairy prodicts.
Error: locar Suggestion: local
Error: prodicts Suggestion: products

Sentence: Does this increase mean that firmers have excessive revenue?
Error: firmers Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: In case, we have the same or similar increase in prices we may assert that firmers do not acquire excessive profit and cost of milk is reasonable.

Sentence: In conclusion, the writer of the letter recommends creation of regulatory norms to limit cost of milk and impede firmers from earning excessive profit, however, our analyzis demonstrats that firmers who produce dairy products may not have excessive revenue and therefore no regulation is needed.
Error: demonstrats Suggestion: demonstrate

argument 2 -- can be put into argument 1

----------------
Always remember argue against the conclusion. For this topic it is:

'Such regulation is necessary to ensure fair prices for consumers.'

----------------------