The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend."Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work

The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend.

"Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part- time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch and included home sales that averaged $168,000, compared to Fitch's $144,000. Homes listed with Adams sell faster as well: ten years ago I listed my home with Fitch, and it took more than four months to sell; last year, when I sold another home, I listed it with Adams, and it took only one month. Thus, if you want to sell your home quickly and at a good price, you should use Adams Realty."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

In argument author recommend to use Adams Realty because he has good experience but which has few assumption which may proven wrong we will discuss in later paragraph.

In argument author compare two real estate adam and fitch in which author mention that in adam has 40 real estate agents and assumption is they works full time and fitch has only 25 part time . It may possible that adams agents are not as efficient as fitch because 40 agent works full time and yields to more gain but the time they work is also more.As adam has more number of full time agents which leads to doubled his revenue it doesn't mean that fitch has less capable engineer.

Moreover , author gave example that ten years ago he sold his house which registered with fitch's agency which includes assumption that ten years ago fitch's agency was not that much capable of selling house.But,it may possible that now fitch's agents are good and they can sell house immediately one can not compare two different entity with this much of year difference. It may possible that quality of service of fitch agency is improved over the year.

Furthermore,author gave example that adam agency is able to sold his house in one month only in last year. It may possible that ten years back fitch may have less number of agents and one year ago adam has more full time agents because of that he is able to sold his house in one month only. Another assumption which author makes is he has good experiece with adams agency one year ago it may possible that quality of adams agency may downgraded in this year.

Moreover,revenue of both the company is compared but if we see then there is no much difference in both of agencies revenue and one important point to note down is fitch has less part time working agents from that perspective revenue per agent looks good in fitch agency which proves that fitch agency has good agents which are capable to sell house quickly.If they also gives more time as adams agents then they also able to sell house quickly.

So we can say that one can directly judge based on only one particular person's opionion. We need very strong statistical data to to conclude that if we want to sell home quickly and at good price ,you should use adams agency. It may possible that adam agency located in area in which there are rich people stays and home location is also good because of that average home revenue price is also more.Price of home varies depends upon geographical location. So in order to that author has to provide strong evidence and statistical data to strengthen his argument.