The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and support

The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The above topic raises the controversial issue of whether praising positive actions and ignoring negative ones is best way to teach. Indisputably, it may be stated that rewarding individuals when they perform a positive action can act as an encouragement and make the individual strive to achieve his goals. Nevertheless, the question arises that if negative actions are not deemed culpable, then how can we learn from our mistakes? Thus, I disagree with the statement, and would agree that negative actions must be condemned.

Learning is not a process where an individual cannot make a mistake. Rather, I feel that the entire notion of learning is comprised of making mistakes, finding out what they were, and determining suitable ways to overcome them. Consider for example, the case of a child, who commits an error while spelling a difficult word. If his error is allowed to go unchecked, he might never learn the true spelling of that particular word! In such a circumstance, it is obvious that the child’s teacher must tell him where he went wrong, which is only way the child may learn the true spelling of that word. Consequently, one may infer that letting a negative action go unchecked can never constitute a learning process.

Furthermore, if negative actions are ignored, then there remains no way to condemn reproachable actions. Specifically, if we consider the case of a criminal, who has committed a heinous crime, then without punishing him for his reprobate actions, there is no other possible way to make him understand that what he did was wrong. Thus, if the quoted statement is considered true, then it will eventually lead to the failure of the entire system of meting out justice. Hence the above evidence further demonstrates the need to rail against negative actions to incorporate learning.

Admittedly, the cliché “too much of a good thing” holds true here also. Repetitive criticism can lead to a variety of nefarious effects. It can demoralize an individual, ultimately creating a dearth in his sense of creativity, and in more severe cases, can instill psychopathic tendencies in them, making them immune to criticism and robbing them of their sense of empathy. Constant reproach has led many individuals to commit suicide. However the above argument does not constitute sufficient support to claim the critical remarks should be admonished altogether. Rather it merely imposes a boundary to its extent.

In conclusion it may be inferred that although too much trenchant remarks can lead to ominous results, nevertheless, as long as it is kept in check, criticism of a negative action remains the best way for an individual to learn. The statement would deserve support if it could be restated as- The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and criticize negative ones, taking care to ensure that such criticism falls within a predefined limit.