People are mistaken when they assume that the problems they confront are more complex and challenging than the problems faced by their predecessors This illusion is eventually dispelled with increased knowledge and experience

"People are mistaken when they assume that the problems they confront are more complex and challenging than the problems faced by their predecessors. This illusion is eventually dispelled with increased knowledge and experience."

Every person faces certain issues in his or her day-to-day life. It is a common trait of humans to assume that the problems they confront are more complex and challenging than those faced by their predecessors. It often feels that the problems we face are much more complex and that others have a very comfortable life. The issue states that people are wrong to make this assumption and that this delusion is dispelled over time with increased knowledge and experience.

Every individual thinks that his or her predecessors have had a much easier lifestyle and that they did not face problems as complex as those of the current times. This fallacious argument can be refuted as with changing times, the situations and the problems differ. Decades ago people faced problems which are now assumed to be the simplest of tasks with all the technological advances. However, if these tools of technology, created merely for the ease of an individual, are taken away, then these same individuals would find the tasks impossible to do. Decades ago, before the invention of the telephone, sending a message from one part of the world to another was considered as an impossible activity. Important messages that needed to be conveyed immediately used to take days to reach to the person. Messengers had to travel with the message personally from the sender to the receiver. We all know the story of the messenger from Athens who ran for miles so that the message can be delivered as soon as possible to avoid war. However, in recent times, this task is not even considered as a problem anymore. At the click of a button, we can connect to people all over the world in a negligible time period.

People in olden times faced multiple health problems, solutions to which were unknown. Even an issue as minor as a viral fever would be lethal as the availability of medicines was diminutive. Although certain methods were available for treatment of the ailments, there were very few educated doctors available to treat them. However, these issues are no longer faced by individuals as there are treatments available for most of the ailments. However, it is also true that with changing times we are faced with newer problems.

By understanding the problems faced by our ancestors and those faced by us, it can be inferred that we cannot compare the two. In the present world, with the help of modern technology, there are solutions to problems faced by people in olden times. But we are yet to find out the solutions to problems faced by us. Every problem has a solution and once the problem is solved we are faced with other problems. Time has an uncanny way of balancing the events and circumstances. Hence we should not be querulous instead we should strive to confront the problems and put in efforts to circumvent them.