Some people believe that teaching morality should be the foundation of education. Others believe that teaching a foundation of logical reasoning would do more to produce a moral society.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns

Some people believe that teaching morality should be the foundation of education. Others believe that teaching a foundation of logical reasoning would do more to produce a moral society.
Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented above.

The issue at hand vacillates between teaching moral principles or logical reasoning as the basic foundation of education which would lead to a better moral society.Teaching good moral values or imparting reasoning to a student would lead him to contribute to a good moral society ?Sometimes logical reasoning in a situation may outweigh the morality to act in a situation, here comes the picture wherein the basic foundation plays an important role.Definitely one should act with moral principles.

When we are young and naive whatever is imparted to us we tend to imbibe it.Those are the learning curves which affects the individuality of a person.The moral values and principles we are taught we carry them with ourselves throughout our lives.So teaching moral principles rather than logical reasoning would help in creating a moral society.

Lets say in a competition, hundreds of students are competing for a particular exam.All have their own methods and strategies to study.Some may be weak in a particular field some may be strong.If we go by reasoning no one should help any other of his companions in the exam.But if we go by moral principles because of companionship everybody should help everybody and together come out the best as ever.If moral principles are imparted from the very early stages of life the students will always be inclined towards acting morally in a situation.Everyone of us may have heard about a story wherein an englishman goes to an African tribe and encourages the kids to run for a race.But ultimately all of them reach the finish line together.Therein comes the basic difference between a foundation based on moral principles rather than sound reasoning.

Sometimes we all have a situation wherein we are not at our peaks financially, so to support our families we may have to go to extreme lengths.So if driven by reasoning we may be tempted to steal and fed our families.But if morality runs through our blood we may come up with something which is morally right and thus save ourselves in the long run.

But sometimes the reasoning streak that is imparted to us compels us so much that it forces the moral principles to align it with itself.Suppose a loved one is about to die and is diagnosed with a deadly malady and is about to die in a few days.The reasoning would say that do not tell that person about the malady.But doing that would be dishonesty.So in such a situation wherein the reasoning overshadows the moral principles one should act that is best fro the situation.

Moral principles and logical reasoning both helps an individual grow in different ways but to impart both of them in such a way that the net result is a better place to live in is a byzantine task.A better society not only livable but morally right should be the foundation of the teaching community.Once both are imparted in perfect measures with a little more importance to moral principles , it may create a balanced and morally upright society.