Technology and the human activity that goes with it inevitably leads to greater pollution and environmental damage

“Technology and the human activity that goes with it inevitably leads to greater pollution and environmental damage.”

There is an old saying – 'Necessity is the mother of invention '. We humans started inventing a lot of things, with the help of technology, which made our lives easy and simple. A lot has changed over a decade. There were times, when it was arduous to connect people from different countries, but now everything happens in a single click on your mobile phone.
The invention of the trending automobile industry, is one such example. There are different types of vehicles, that are being invented on a daily basis. The ratio of cars purchased have increased tremendously over years. In the 1800’s buying a car was a long dream, but now each individual in the house-hold has a car or a vehicle. This increases the congestion on roads and creates a lot of air pollution. In the fast-moving world, there is no time for anyone even to walk a short distance.
The technological advancement has made life hustle. A lot of fast-food industries have marked their business in this era. The food industry uses a lot of plastics which are really damaging to society. Gone are the days, when we used to watch the release of our favorite movie at the theatres. The invention of the home theatre speaker systems, has made the people watch movies with ease at home, deteriorating the number of people heading to the theatres. The high sound effects on one hand, makes the movie-experience a good one, watching it from our couches, which adds a lot of noise pollution to the surrounding.
Technology and computers have become a vital part of our lives now. There is a high demand for technological jobs in the market. But these jobs have a lot of pressure involved, because of the deadlines that are imposed by their clients. This pressure, in turn adds up and people ending up smoking a lot to take frequent breaks to withstand pressure thinking, that to be a stress reliever. Smoking, not only attenuates the health of an individual, also pollutes the living environment.
What could be done to reduce all these environmental damages that we cause to the mother earth? Advancement in technology is a blessing, if we as individuals, become responsible to keep our environment pollution-free. There are few examples, which might be of use. We should try servicing our cars in a timely manner which would help reduce the air pollution. We could try avoiding cars for a very short walk distance. The sound system at home, could be of minimal volumes in decibel to avoid the noise pollution. We could try to grow a lot of trees, that might help our environment. The small change that we create, makes a large change. It is, therefore our sole responsibility to keep our environment clean and safe for a healthy and a happy living.