Giving Pocket Money to Children is very common in many countries Discuss both the advantages as well as disadvantages about the practice and what is your opinion about it

Undoubtedly, without having money in this competitive world, people of all ages have to face many difficulties either related to buying their essentials or enjoying their life without bearing a stress on their mins. Similarly, the practice which is very prevalent across the globe is to give a handful amount of money to children in the form of pocket money by their parents. Before reaching my opinion regarding the same, I will explain the benefits and drawbacks of the given concept.

The brighter side of giving pocket money to children provides a strong base of understanding to a child to use money effectively in uncertain circumstances.
This is due to the reason that if they are receiving some proportion of money from their parents or guardians, may be on monthly or weekly basis, it helps them to decide their priorities to expend over the unessential things. For example, for children, education and study related curricular activities have more weightage instead of wasting the money in clubs and pubs, providing they should be guided by parents enough. Therefore, this school of thought said that elder people must give some money to their children for fulfilling their daily activities easily.

On the contrary, the main drawback of this concept pushes children into the bad company, which could even lead to the drug addiction sometimes. This may happen in a situation where both parents are working, having no quality time to spend with their offsprings. However, they try to address this complaint by filling the pockets of their children with money. Unfortunately, this kind of parents behavior may lead to disturbing the emotional well being of children, resulting fall into an evil world, such as criminal involvement, gambling , stealing and unethical ways to use the given pocket money.

In a nutshell, after after discussing both sides of giving a pocket money to ch, I reach on a conclusion that parents must provide some proportion of money to their children with the communication of how they could use it better and in which situations .

Essays by the user: