Task 2 Men and women are commonly seen as having different strengths and weaknesses It is right to exclude males or females from certain professions because of their gender

In our society, gender is still distinguished by the strengths and the weaknesses. Futhermore, it is true that these character can exclude 2 sexes from certain occupation. This essay will first discuss how mental health prevents women from pursuing some jobs and secondly discuss how society rejects men from taking certain careers.

Throughout the development of human history, men are always being considered as breadwinners and they have to take responsibility for solving financial problem. While, female have to stay at home and take care of their children. In modern life, things have changed in many fields. Not only male but also female have to work for earning money. However, women still find it difficult to take up some certain jobs. In the Army, wiomen soldiers only make up for 10 % on the total off 100%. Moreover, construction worker is such a clear evidence that we can hardly find any women in this profession. Physical mental seems to be the most important reason why women aren't welcomed to these jobs. In one woman life, they have to recover from sick leave every month and take a lot of time to maternity leave. These factors reduce women strengths a lot that they hardly adapt with a heavy workload.

On the other hand, men are also rejected from some certain careers by society. Although men seem to have enough strengths to do everything, in some fields which don't need strong physical mental men are still not welcomed. Like women being a construction worker, we find it hard to look for a man as a nurse. Futhermore, in beauty field, the appearance of men will be judged not to be suitable. They are belived not to have enough gentleness and sensable to pursue these careers and society is so judgemental that they think if men take up these jobs, they will not real men.

In conclusion, unless efforts are made to shift the public consciousness, this discrimination will still exist. However, only in some limited circumstances it is just to prohibit people from certain occupations.