In the near future it is expected that the proportion of older people will be higher than that of young people in many developed countries.What are the positive and negative effects of this development.

In the near future it is expected that the proportion of older people will be higher than that of young people in many developed countries.
What are the positive and negative effects of this development.

It is unarguable that the trend where the number of aged people in the coming generation will surpass the younger generations.However,there is a strong debate whether this equation will effect into a better cause or will worsen the status of the developed countries.In my view, there are more adverse effect although there are certain positive aspects to this trend .
Firstly, the significant increase on the number of older people, as they move towards their retiring age, are seemingly results of slow growth of population.To further illustrate this,when developed countries such as Singapore and China implemented their so-called One Child policy, their primary purpose is to control their fast growing population.They have anticipated that sooner or later their economy will deteriorate when there is an over population.Apparently,the economic progression will likely depend on the younger generations.It produces creative fresh ideas, more assertive behavior in terms of workforce,and can basically hold the future their nation.The retirees are now being considered as liabilities since they are on their time to receive their respective pension pays and medicare health benefits from the government.
Secondly, while this aged group of the society is increasing and the new born are significantly coming slow,This developed countries are part taking into international programs like Overseas Migrant workers. Although, there are some resentments to its local people, it still favors the nations future growth.
Nevertheless,older people are considered the wisest member of the society.Their hard earned knowledge and experiences are incomparable.For example,the lawmakers in most of the developed countries such as UK and USA are mostly aged people.They do exists to provide decisions which is vital to the existing generations. Presidents, Senators and Prime ministers has to be older enough to be leaders and decision makers of their countries.
In my opinion, the population should be a linear progression. The youth generations are the future workforce while the older generation are the brains of the future.