The bar chart below gives information about the percentage of the population living in urban areas in different parts of the world ielts trainer 2 writing test 1

The bar chart below gives information about the percentage of the population living in urban areas in different parts of the world

ielts trainer 2, writing test 1

The bar chart illustrates the portion of population in urban areas in different places worldwide.Overall, there is an increasing trend in population portion during periods of time.

The first impression about the chart was the dramatic growth in population in Africa, Asia and Latin America. In 1950, the percentage of city population is 15% then it risen double to 37% in 2007 and is expected to reach 62% by 2050. Similarly, portion of population in Asia started from 17% and is anticipated to grow to 66% by 2050. In Latin, number of citizens rise from 42% to 76% in 2007 and may reach the highest point at 89%.

The population's ratio in Europe, North America and Oceania have slight fluctuations. Starting from 1950 the ratio was 51% in Europe and reached 72% in 2007 then may slowly reach 84% by 2050. Same tendency in North America, population's percentage started from 64% and gradually risen to 79% in 2007, 90% is the expected ratio in 2050. Whereas, in Oceania, population's percentage increased at the slowest level compared to other areas. In 1950, population in urban areas was 62% and then insignificantly increased to 71% in 2007. By 2050 it is expected to soar somewhat to 76%.