The bar chart shows the percentage of male and female teachers in six different types of educational setting in the UK in 2010

The bar chart illustrates the percentage of male and female teachers in six various educational place in the UK in the year 2010.
In three of six educational places, females outnumbered males. The percentage of women were more than men in children schools. Female teachers made up over 95% in pre-schools. Gender gap was particularly large in primary schools, where nine times as many female teachers as male teachers. In secondary schools, men were 46% and women were 55%.
Mainly, male teachers were in upper-level educational places such as institutes and universities. Males were 55% and females were 45% in Private training institutes. There were more than twice as many males as females in universities.
Overall, the chart shows that the percentage of male teachers and female teachers were the same in Colleges.