The bar chart shows the percentage of people in Great Britain living alone by age and sex in 2004 2005 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant

The bar chart shows the percentage of people in Great Britain living alone by age and sex in 2004/2005.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant.

The bar chart provides information about the percentage of English people living alone in terms of age distribution by gender during the period between 2004 and 2005.

Overall, it can be seen from the chart that there is an upward trend in the number of people in both genders who are living alone with increasing age. At the same time, it is also noticeable that there were more men who lived alone than women in age groups under 65.

According to the bar chart, the smallest amount of men living by themselves spans in the range of ages between 16 and 24 which is just around 5%. This number jumped to 16% in the next age group (25-44) for males. After that, there were no substantial changes until the age of 74, inclusively. In the last age group from 75 and over, there was a growth of men experiencing single life up to 28%.

As well as it was for men, the age span of young females (16-24) who were living alone shows the lowest percentage in the whole chart which is only around 4%. Later, with each successive age group, the number of single women increased, reaching 59% for the elders aged 75 and above.