Cam 17 test 3 The chart below gives information about how families in one country spent their wekkly income in 1968 abd in 2018

Cam 17 test 3: The chart below gives information about how families in one country spent their wekkly income in 1968 abd in 2018.

The bar chart illustrates the expenditure of families on their weekly income in different categories in a particular nation in 1986 and 2018.
In general, it can be seen that food and leisure dominated the highest proportion on the chart. Transportation, leisure, and housing had an upward trend while the rest of the categories had an opposite trend
In 1968, families spent most income on food, at 35% while this figure steadily decreased by nearly half. Both housing and entertainment accounted for the same percentage, at about 10%. In 2018, families consumed their weekly income more on leisure than on housing, at 19% and 23% respectively.
In 1968, people spent similar income on transportation, personal goods, and households, at 7%. Transport slightly rose to approximately 15% whilst households stayed unchanged, at 7%, in 2018. Fuel and power, clothing and footwear, and personal goods experienced a 5% reduction in their weekly income.