The chart below shows the percentage of people born in and outside of Australia living in cities towns and rural areas in 1950 and 2010 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features of the graph and make comparisons where relevant

The chart below shows the percentage of people born in and outside of Australia living in cities, towns, and rural areas in 1950 and 2010. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features of the graph and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar graph compares the proportion of residents in cities, towns, and rural areas in 1950 and 2010 in terms of people born in australia and people born outside the country.

Overall, cities were the most desirable place to settle for both groups of the people in both 1950 and 2010, and the figures for those living there saw an upward progression over the period shown. In contrast, downward signs could be detected in the data on the percentage of people residing in towns and rural areas, but the latter experienced the more dramatic falls.

In 1950, around 50% of people born in australia chose to live in cities. Plus, the figures for towns and rural areas were rather lower, at 20% and about 30%, respectively. By 2010, while the percentage of those living in cities had climbed to roughly 65%, the rate of residents in the remaining places went down, at well under 20%.

Regarding people born outside australia, those living in cities accounted for over 60% in 1950, and 80% in 2010. On the other hand, despite commencing at precisely 40% in the initial year, the figures for residents in rural areas plummeted to more or less 5% in 2010.