The chart below shows reduction in number of accidents in Auburn following the introduction of extra lanes on busy roads Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make the comparisons where relevant Write at least 150 word

The chart below shows reduction in number of accidents in Auburn following the introduction of extra lanes on busy roads
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make the comparisons where relevant
Write at least 150 words

The bar chart provides data pertaining to the number of accidents in Auburn in five distinct crowded motorways, namely M1 to M5. The statistics were made before and after the construction of the extra lanes on the aforementioned roads.
At first glance, in all motorways, the total number of accidents decreased after the extra lanes were built. The motorway M5, however, noticed 17 motorcycle accidents which ranked the highest rates among categories. On the other hand, the figures for M3 motorway showed the least cases of accidents in both periods.
Regarding to M2 before the extra lanes were built, the accident rates occupied the second position, recording 16 cases. Even though the extra lanes were put into operation, the number of motorcyle accidents merely decreased by 3 cases. Whereas M1 and M5 motorway figures showed significant reduction of 8 and 10 accidents during the timeline, respectively
Turning our attention to M3 and M4 motorways, it is observable that they both possessed the least rates of accidents, recording 5 and 8 accidents without extra lanes, respectively. The accident rates of M3 and M4 were reduced to the same point of 2 cases when the extra lanes were in use