The chart shows the results of surveys in one African country asking teenagers the main reasons for using their phones between 2016 and 2019 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The pie charts compare 4 important phone uses of African youngsters from 2016 to 2019, such as accessing social networks, sending emails, making phone calls and taking photography.

Overall, exploring social media through phone grew steadily while making phone calls dropped significantly between 2016 and 2019.

It is obvious that connecting to social networking sites by phone was the most important phone feature to African teenagers. The popularity of this phone feature increased from 50% in 2016 to 56% in 2019, which has more than half of young people in Africa and was the top phone use compared to other phone functions.

On the other hand, making phone calls was the least important phone feature to African teens. The number of this phone function decreased from 10% in 2016 to only 5% in 2019, which was a tiny proportion and was the least common phone function for African teenagers in comparison to other phone uses.

Essays by the user: