The charts below show the average percentage in typical meals of three types of nutrients all of which may be unhealthy if eaten too much

The charts below show the average percentage in typical meals of three types of nutrients, all of which may be unhealthy if eaten too much

The pie charts illustrate the proportion of three types of nutrients in typical meals including sodium, saturated fat and added sugar which can be harmful if consumed too much in various meals by USA residents.

Overall, the percentage of sodium and saturated fat are the highest while snacks contain the highest percentage of added sugar. In contrast, breakfast contains the least amount of these three nutrients.

The sodium percentage in dinners is the highest with 43% while the breakfast and snacks are lowest with the same of total meals, both at 14%, 3 times as much as dinner’proportion . In addition, the percentage of saturated fat again dinner had the highest account for 37% the lowest is for breakfast which is 16%.

snacks had the highest percentage take up nearly half approximately 42% and the lowest of 16% of sugar was consumed in breakfast meals. Besides, the saturated fat and added sugar share the same amount at 16% at breakfast meals.