The charts below show the percentage of their daily intake of various nutrients the average person in the USA consumes in each meal and in snacks These nutrients may be unhealthy if eaten too much Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the m

The charts below show the percentage of their daily intake of various nutrients the average person in the USA consumes in each meal and in snacks. These nutrients may be unhealthy if eaten too much. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The pie-charts illustrate the percentage of consumption of three different nutrients in various meals during the day in the USA. These nutrients If consumed without limit can have serious impact on health.

Overall, the large portion of sodium and saturated fats are consumed during breakfast and lunch, whereas, the highest amount of additive sugar is included in snacks. The least amount of intake of all three major nutrients is during breakfast, while the percentage of all of them remains approximately same.

Firstly, major contributor of dinner’s portion is Sodium at 43%, which is followed by saturated fats at around 37% and lastly added sugar at 23%. The lunch, on the other hand, have a balanced amount of nutrients with each within 30% - Sodium 29%, fats 26% and Sugar 19%.

Secondly, the percent of salt included in snacks and breakfast is exactly equal to 14%. Although the percent of fats and sugar content is same in breakfast (16%), the huge difference is noted during snacks – with sugar being 42 % and fats being 21%.