The charts show the percentage of people working in different sectors in town A and B in two years 1960 and 2010 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The four pie charts indicate how many people in town A and B worked in three distinct areas in 1960 and 2010.

Overall, it can be easily seen that a significant percentage of people in town A were employed in manufacturing. In town B, sales accounted for the highest proportion of the workforce.

With regard to town A, in 1960, 40% of the employees had sales-related jobs, while the proportions of manufacturing and services were much lower, at 30% and 29% respectively. However, in the following 5 decades, there was abrupt growth in the data of manufacturing to 64%, being the most popular industry, while employment in sales and services witnessed drastic declines to merely 20% and 16% in turn.

Turning to town B, employment in sales had always been the highest figure, despite a significant drop from 72% to 54%. In contrast, manufacturing and services attracted more percentage of employees, at 24% and 22% over the period surveyed.