The diagram below shows the amount of pork consumed in the US between 1960 and 2003 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The diagram below shows the amount of pork consumed in the US between 1960 and 2003. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar chart compares and contrasts data on the changes in the consumption of pork in America over a 44-year period from 1960 to 2003.

In general, although there was some fluctuation in the amount of pork eaten during the first two decades, consumption remained almost the same from then on.

Looking at the graph more closely, one can see that in this time period, the consumption of pork hit a low point of slightly above 41 pounds per person in 1975. In contrast, five years later, consumption of this meat reached its highest point of a little less than 60 pounds per person. One further point is that the amount of pork eaten remained relatively constant at around 50 pounds per person from early 1985 onward.