The diagram below shows the changes which took place in a coastal area called Portland from 1950 to 2007. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the diagrams below
The map illustrates how a particular coastal place named Portland altered between 1950 and 2007.
Overall, grassland covered much of this coastal area in 1970, however, a major part of this location was occupied by houses and shops in 2007. Besides, there is a significant change in the marine space.
In Portland, while a primary part of area which in the either left and right side of the road was taken up with grassland in 1950, three shops and one cinema were built on the left of the road and four shops and ten houses were constructed in the other side in 2007 instead of only grassland.
In 1950, there is an industrial zone in the left of the sea which was replaced by a complex of multi-storey car park and swimming pool and park in 2007. Additionally, the old car park was superseded by a line of apartments in the seaside in the 1950 – 2007 period. Finally, a yacht marina was established in the sea in 2007, which this area had no in 1950.
- The chart below gives information about the growth of urban population in certain parts of the world including the prediction of the future77
- The diagrams illustrate the process of building an igloo78
- The charts below show the proportion of people s total spending in a particular European country was spent on different commodities and services in 1958 and in 2008
- In many countries not enough students are choosing to study science subjects What are the causes And what will be the effects on society73
- the tables gives information on the temperatures and the hours of daylight in two particular cities in the same week in May 2007.67