The diagram depicts the procedure of manufacturing cherry jam In general there are nine stages in the process beginning with collecting the cherries ending with labeling the jars full of jam

The diagram depicts the procedure of manufacturing cherry jam. In general, there are nine stages in the process beginning with collecting the cherries, ending with labeling the jars full of jam.

At the first stage, the fruits are collected by shaking the tree, followed by a period of transportation. After being transferred, the cherries are sorted to get rid of the rotten ones. From one point of view, this stage plays an important role in assuring the quality of the final products. Subsequently, the cherries are washed. Then, the stones are removed using a machine with metal spikes.

In the sixth stage, the jam is created by a mixture of cherries with pectin, sugar and lemon juice. Next, the jam is checked for quality by an expert before being put in jars. Last but not least, there jars are labeled and are ready for sale.