The diagram shows how rainwater is collected for the use of drinking water in an Australian town

The diagram shows how rainwater is collected for the use of drinking water in an Australian town.

The diagram illustrates the process of rainwater that collected to use as drinking water in an Australian town.

Overall, rainwater which collected from rooftop of houses can be used as a drinking water, but after it gets processed by being filtered and then being treated with chemicals.

First of all, the rain which fall on the roof top of the house is collected and runs through the pipe at the side of the house, then it goes into the drain at the bottom. Each house collect the rainwater with the same way and then it passed along underground drains to the water filter.

The rainwater passes through the water filter. After it gets filtered, it goes to the storage tank, then it go through the pipe to water treatment stage. In that stage, the rainwater will be treated will be treated with chemicals in order to make it fit for consumption. Once the water is already treated and ready for drinking, it transfers along with pipes that lead back to the house in an Australian town where people can use it for daily basis consumption.