The first pie chart shows how energy is used in an average Australian household The second pie chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions which result from this energy use

The first pie chart shows how energy is used in an average Australian household.The second pie chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions which result from this energy use.

The purpose of this paragraph is to provide data pertaining to reasons for household energy consumption and how much greenhouse gas released from these activities.

The gist of the first pie chart is that heating and water heating play a major role in using energy in houses whereas in the second chart where water heating and other appliances take responsibility for gas emissions.

Commencing by the first paragraph where the largest number belongs to heating, 42%, and the second large is water heating, 30%. However, other appliances just consume about 15% of a house's energy. Subsequently, there are figures which decrease from refrigeration, 7%, to lighting, 4% ,to cooling, 2%.

Turning to the point of the last graph, other appliances have nearly the same percentage as water heating which is 28% for the former and 32% for the latter. Concurrently, refrigeration, 14%, produces 1% of emissions less than heating, 15%. Furthermore, the remaining part which is lighting and cooling just account for 8% and 3%.