The graph below gives information about international migration to the UK 1999 2008 Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below Make comparisons where relevant

The graph below gives information about international migration to the UK, 1999-2008.
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. Make comparisons where relevant

The given graph represented the UK immigration, emigration and net migration between 1999 and 2008
Overall, immigration and emigration witnessed slight increases during 10 years while soft variation in net migration was recorded at the same time.

From 1999 to 2003 witnessed a slow rise in immigration and emigration whereas the number of immigrants grew faster than the number of emigrants that resulted in net migration varied around 180 thousand people. After 2004 witnessed the net migration hit the peak at 250 thousand citizens because of the dramatic jump in immigration, the net migration fell gradually to 200 thousand people in the next 2 years while the immigrants peak at 600 thousand people in 2006.

The year 2007 witnessed the recovery of the net migration as the result of a notable drop to 320 thousand people in emigration before recording the peak of emigration at 410 thousand people while immigrants stayed at 590 thousand citizens and the net migration stand at 170 thousand citizens in 2008.