The pie charts below show the percentage of water used for different purposes in six areas of the world Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The illustrations demonstrate the reasons for water usage in 6 different parts of the world.

As can be seen, the most striking feature in North America and Europe is the water usage for industry, while for South America, Africa, Central Asia and South East Asia, people mostly use water for agricultural work.

Using water for industrial purposes accounted for nearly half of the figures in North America. This pattern is quite similar in Europe, at 53%. However, when it comes to South America, the main way to utilize water resources is related to agriculture, with almost three quarters of total usage. Africa, Central Asia and South East Asia followed, with 84%, 88%, 81% respectively.

It is also notable that water usage at home occupies only a mere 7% in Central Asia and South East Asia. The proportion is slightly higher in Europe and South America, at nearly one in four.