The table below describes the number of employees and factories in England and Wales from 1851 to 1901 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant You should write at least 150 words

The given table depicts the number of workers and factories in England and Wales over a half-century period.

It is noticeable that the number of employees was declined over the given period. In contrast, the total number of factories were increased over the years.

In the beginning, the men were hired more than the women with around 3 lakh men employed and just 190,000 women employed. In the following decade, both the males and females had hired almost the same proportion with just 30,000 women got hired more than the men. However, it followed a similar trend in the next decades but the employment rate was significantly dropped and ultimately reached just about 30,000 males and 30,000 females got work.

On the other hand, the number of factories considerably went up with just 225 factories at the start and had reached almost the triple of this count at the end of the given period.

Essays by the user: