Writing task 1 The graphs show the changes in the UK industry steel between 1970 and 2000 n v million tonnes vs thousand

Writing task 1: The graphs show the changes in the UK industry steel between 1970 and 2000. (đơn vị million tonnes vs thousand)

The given charts illustrated how many tons of steel The UK needed, produced and imported with the figures of people being involved in this field during the period from 1970 to 2000.
Generally, the steel demand and production gradually decreased over time, while the reverse was true for import. As a result, the work related to steel industry also felt during this period.
As regards the first, at the beginning of the period, the steel manufacturing required over 200000 mil tons, in which most of them were produced in UK (around 170000) with only minor part being imported. As mentioned above, the total steel demand and production experienced the same reducing trend with different degrees which were approximately 100000 and 80000 respectively in 2000. In contrast, the number of tons of imported steel moderately increased, being nearly as high as that of produced steel in 2000.
It can be seen from the second chart, starting at 50000 workers related to the steel industry in 1970, this number suffered from a significant decline in the next 20 years, followed by a slight reduction with around 18000 jobs at the end.