More and more people are relying on the private car as their major means of transportation. Describe some of the problems over-reliance on cars can cause, and suggest at least one possible solution.

As the years passed by more and more people are relying on the private car. Rich or poor, almost everyone has a car. People who can't afford it often take car loans. Some rich teenagers who are under 18 get cars as their birthday presents. People compete on having the most expensive cars. Some families have more than one car even when they don't need it. This reliance has many advantages as well as disadvantages, let's see them briefly.

In a country like Bangladesh traffic jams is one of the major problems, per family having more than one car is one of the causes it. More cars means using more fuel. Burning more fuel results in more pollution and many other problems. Seeing relatives or friends showing off their brand new cars might wanna make people want to have their own cars. And when you can't afford it, the only option is to take a loan. Repaying the loan is another stress to handle in this short life, on top of that is the expense for its maintenance. Relying on cars is also bad for health. People become so lazy that they wouldn't even want to cover short distances by walking. This laziness plays a huge role in many health problems.

But we have to admit, cars are very essential for this busy life. It has made work a lot more easier. Earlier people had to travel a long distance by walking which consumes a lot of energy and time. Now if you have a car it would save a lot of time which you can use to do other things. Having our own car will make us independent on other people. If there's an emergency a private car would be very useful.

Having a private car is not a bad thing. It all depends on how you use it. Each individual in a family does not need to have their own car unless it's necessary. If two neighbours are going to the same place it's better if they use one car which would save a lot of fuel. We should avoid using cars for short distances and try walking which is very beneficial for health. If people would take care of these small thing we wouldn't have to rely on cars that much.

is one of the causes it.
is one of the causes.