The private motor vehicle has greatly improve individual freedom of movement. Moreover, the automobile has become a status symbol yet the use of private motor vehicles has contributed to some of today's most serious problem.How can the use of private moto

The private motor vehicle has greatly improve individual freedom of movement. Moreover, the automobile has become a status symbol yet the use of private motor vehicles has contributed to some of today's most serious problem.

How can the use of private motor vehicles be reduced?

Give reasons and any relevant examples for your answer.

The use of private motor vehicles increase every year. It caused most serious problems such as traffic jams and pollution. To solve the problems according experiences from some cities in the world, it can be done by applying Transportation Demand Management (TDM) method with two policies are push and pull.

Pull policy is to encourage the use of massive public transportation. For example, the first is that add bus fleet quantity and commuter train, it is one favorite right now, and than government has to give subsidy for the public transportation, so the rate for transporting will be chipper than cost will be spent by societies when inhabitants use car drivers. The second and the most important is integration such as the use of e-card can be used in some mode of transportation . It is important because it about convenient for commuters when they have to move from one to other transportation.

Push policy is to impose development of the use and owning private cars by imposition severe to regulation for property of car divers. For example, increase private motor vehicles taxes and rate of parking, it will give chary effect toward private cars and encourage communities to use massive public transportation, and than income of state from increase private cars taxes and rate of parking can be allocated to increase subsidy for public transportation, so the rate for transporting will be chipper, more safe, and convenient.

In conclusion, apply TDM system is effective to reduce and solve some serious problems caused by impact of increase the use of private motor vehicles in some countries.