Some people feel that certain workers like nurses, doctors and teachers are undervalued and should be paid more, especially when other people like film actors or company bosses are paid huge sums of money that are out of proportion to the importance of th

Some people feel that certain workers like nurses, doctors and teachers are undervalued and should be paid more, especially when other people like film actors or company bosses are paid huge sums of money that are out of proportion to the importance of the work that they do.

-How far do you agree?
-What criteria should be used to decide how much people are paid?

Nowadays, the salaries are based on a number of criteria such as qualification and experiences, but this got questioned by certain society. It is believed that, the certain professions (nurses, doctors and teachers) have underpaid by the societies, compared to actors or company bosses.

Some people would believe that certain professions might get undervalued according to the criteria, while some people would claim that specialists should get higher salaries compared to those who get paid in a lump sum. However, this is a seldom case. Those expertises are unique in value and those job opportunities are always demanding. Not all the professions even for film actors or CEOs could acquire a lot of money. Sometimes the passion for the job and the amount of time invested to complete the task would not reflect in the amount of payments. These factors cannot be measured as a number. The measurement for salary settlement is a questionable while the payment for a certain professions might undervalued.

To set the criteria for salary is difficult. Until now, there are several criteria have been used by a society. Qualification has long been used as a yardstick, but this found to be not good. The reason for this is, some people might have a great qualification but might not be suitable for the company’s perspective or its environment. Another measure is, relevant years of experiences. However, this also not a good measure either as sometimes younger person can perform better than someone with lots of experience.

I believe that some certain professions get under paid compared to other professions. Therefore, their payment should get evaluated in a consistent basis by an independent body.