The following line graph shows the percentage of two modes of traveling in Vancouver from 1990 to 2015 Summarize the information by reporting the main features and making comparisons where relevant

The following line graph shows the percentage of two modes of traveling in
Vancouver from 1990 to 2015.
Summarize the information by reporting the main features and making
comparisons where relevant.

The given line chart depicts the usage of cars and buses to travel in Vancouver between 1990 and 2015.

Overall, there is an upward trend in the percentage of people using cars to travel, while the number of people travelling by bus witnessed a downward trend over the period.

Starting at over 20% in 1990, the proportion of cars travelling in Vancouver increased significantly and doubled in 2000 at just above 40%. The next years experienced a higher number of people using cars to travel, with the rate rising considerably to approximately 80% in 2015, becoming the dominant vehicle used in Vancouver.

In contrast, in 1990 travelling by bus was the most popular choice in Vancouver with over 60% of people chosen. Then it underwent a remarkable drop of 20% in the next 10 years, and equal to the rate of the car travelling in 2000. The figure then continued to decline steeply and reached its trough in 2015 with about 25%.