Museums and art galleries should concentrate on local works rather than showing the culture or artworks from other countries Discuss both views and give your opinion

Museums and art galleries should concentrate on local works rather than showing the culture or artworks from other countries.
Discuss both views and give your opinion

Exhibitions of domestic artworks rather than foreign ones, to the public’s view, should claim more focus in museums and art galleries. Although international works contribute greater economic value, I am of the opinion that cultural-related appreciation would be instilled in nationals’ mind with more concentration on pieces of domestic arts.
On the one hand, there is no denial that greater economic benefits could be generated from international exhibits. More visitors on both domestic and international scales could be attracted to art displays with a diverse range of items by artists around the world, which enables a high level of revenue from entry fees and souvenir sales. The Mona Lisa – a world-class masterpiece by Leonardo da Vinci – kept at Lovre Musem in Paris, captures the interest of floods of tourists every year. Millions of dollars, as a result, are contributed to the national budget for payment as well as job creation.
On the other hand, it is also the fact that lessons on various aspects related to culture would be taught to citizens via domestic item showcases in museum. Firstly, cultural identity would be preserved and strongly boosted. This is because traditions, customs and s of a community from the past to the present are often depicted via local artworks. Vietnam National Museum of History, which presents pieces of handcraft and sculpture throughout certain dynasties, is a typical instance. A sense of patriotism can be fostered.as visitors, regardless of ethnic and regional backgrounds, deepen their insight into the national culture. Secondly, domestic objects could give nationals a comprehensive understanding and feelings of empathy for ancestors’ sacrifice. War Remnants Museum in Saigon, which specializes in research on the US invasion and devastating impact on civilians, is an essential place for those wanting to discover war atrocities and victims’ stories. By witnessing all the displays, photographs and documents in this deeply moving museum, visitors can comprehend how honorable and resilient Vietnamese soldiers and civilians are, being aware that what we inherit at present is thanks to blood-and-bone devotion of former generations.
In summary, financial benefits would derive from local museums and art galleries featuring international artworks, however, domestic exhibits plays a more vital role in consolidating cultural identity, sacrifice comprehension and empathy among people of a country. It is a wise idea that national and international themed collections should be on display in separate sections.