Nowadays a higher number of people are moving to urban areas to improve their quality of life whereas living in the city can bring some challenges Living in cities could mean expecting some issues such as lack of green spaces due to the increasing number

Nowadays, a higher number of people are moving to urban areas to improve their quality of life, whereas living in the city can bring some challenges. Living in cities could mean expecting some issues such as lack of green spaces due to the increasing number of buildings. In this essay I will explain some problems of living in the city and suggest some solutions to prevent it.

It is known that migrating to cities, individuals should be prepared for the high cost of living due to the excessive price of rents. Consequently, many of them need to have two jobs to be able to pay bills, leading a less time with family. Another problem is the traffic jam resulting in the rising number of vehicles. Therefore, the figures of pollution are alarming due to the consequences for residents´ health. Furthermore, all the existing buildings are residential homes and businesses, creating overcrowding. There is a lack of public services, for instance, schools and hospitals.
However, some solutions could be implemented by government to alleviate these problems. Firstly, government should invest in affordable houses in the suburb and also, subsidize people who decided to share flats. Secondly, workers should be incentivated to share car journeys and free bicycles should be provided. Lastly, public buildings must be built to respond to the needs of the higher number of city residents.
In conclusion, I think that the tendency is to have more people migrating to cities to have a better opportunity of life. The lack of jobs and affordable places to live are some of the city´s problems. For these reasons, governments must start now to tackle these issues to avoid that they continue to deteriorate.