Schools do not do enough to teach students about their health Do you agree or disagree with this statement

Schools do not do enough to teach students about their health. Do you agree or disagree with this statement.

This is a universally acknowledged fact that health is wealth. This is the reason some people hold the opinion that from childhood only adolescents should be taught about the health issues; whereas others have the conflicting views. I also agree with this statement that schools are not doing enough to teach students about health education. Here, in the below essay I will try to enunciate on this fact with my own perception.

To begin with; undeniably, even there are lessons in the biology and science textbooks about better health habits still many people think that schools are not encouraging adolescents for living better healthy lifestyles. Thus; nowadays, children in a small age are suffering from maladies such as obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes. Some of the main reasons for these maladies are: First and foremost easily available of junk foods in a school canteen. Secondly, living sedentary lifestyles and not playing much on the play ground in their leisure time. Therefore, people favoring this fact think that school first should banned junk foods in their canteen. Moreover, in many schools in India students are encouraged to bring home-cooked food and teachers should check lunch box of every student; however, this rule is not strictly enforced resulting students eating meal that is not good for their health. Thus, teachers too often fail to set good example .

In addition, school should encourage physical education and put less emphasis in giving homework to kids, so that they have enough time after school hours to focus on some outdoor games. On the contrary, others have the conflicting views.

As per them, parents should be responsible for health related issues of their kids and school should focus on the academic subjects for better future of adolescents as they are the leaders of tomorrow. People arguing on this fact also think that children should be taught how to communicate better and react in a difficult situation.

To recapitulate, in my viewpoint schools are not doing enough to make students health conscious and this is the reason they are suffering from diseases in a small age.