Radio will no longer to hold its presence as Television and internet media will replace it very soon To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement

Radio will no longer to hold its presence as Television and internet media will replace it very soon. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement ?

This is a universally acknowledged fact that before the invention of a TV, Radio is the only source of an entertainment. However; nowadays, many people hold the opinion that Radio is losing its magic, importance and may disappear soon in near future. I totally disagree with this statement. Here, in the below essay, I will try to enunciate on this fact with my own perception.

To begin with, these are some of the main reasons why Radio is not losing its popularity. It is true that popularity of a TV and other electronic gadgets are increasing day by day. Moreover, Television is easily available at the cheaper price with easy monthly installments option. Thus, even destitute people can afford a TV set. Additionally, because of the size and weight of a TV, one cannot carry TV to the different locations for the entertainment. On the contrary, other electronic gadgets such as a laptop and a computer are portable but they are expensive. Admittedly, to operate a computer one should be computer literate. Therefore, a computer is not considered a preferable choice for the entertainment especially in the older generations.

Further emphasizing on my point of view; probably, because of the different advantages of a Radio, it is still considered as a medium of an entertainment. Firstly, even while doing the household chores, one can listen to the Radio programs. Secondly, as size of the Radio is small and portable one can carry Radio even to work or in a travel very easily. Moreover; nowadays, Radio is available in a mobile set, so one can listen to the news or listen to the music. Finally, whenever people travel in a car for a long journey, they prefer to listen to the Radio as the channels of a Radio are easily available. Certainly, because of the introduction of new FM stations Radio is again gaining popularity.

To recapitulate, by looking at the above facts, I can conclude that Radio will hold its presence; although, the popularity may reduce. In my viewpoint, it will not vanish completely in the near future.