The world natural resources are consumed at an ever increased rate

The world natural resources are consumed at an ever-increased rate.

In recent years, the consumption of natural resources including fresh water, wood, animals, and many other non-renewable resources is rising. The problems associated with overconsuming natural resources are evident. However, both the individual and the government could take steps to improve the situation. In this essay, I will discuss two main problems and then suggest a few possible solutions.

There are various problems that could arise as a result of the over-exploitation of natural resources. Firstly, cutting down trees for farming land and industrial production has led to an extensive loss of natural habitat. When wild animals have no place to live, they tend to migrate to residential areas in search of food, which undoubtedly threatens the safety of people there. Moreover, it is a well-known fact that the cutting down of trees is also the cause of many natural disasters such as landslides and floods. Secondly, in the not-too-distant future, natural resources are predicted to be used up, leading to an imbalance in the economy such as an increase in the price of fossil fuels and stagnation to the world's economic growth. Poor countries, as a consequence, may not be able to afford to buy fossil fuels, which would negatively impact their industrial production.

Nevertheless, concerted efforts made by both individuals and the authority could mitigate the problems. On the individual level, people should be encouraged to reuse their daily plastic bags and recycle used cans and bottles such as upcycle laundry detergent bottles into watering cans or make plant holders instead of throwing them away after the first use. Moreover, people should use public transport which uses clean energy sources to reduce the level of exhaust fumes. The accumulative effect resulting from every individual’s action can induce an immense change such as reduce a large number of materials and fuel to make new ones. On a societal level, the government should advise electronic appliance manufacturers to invest in more appliances that are eco–friendly. Furthermore, a proportion of taxpayers’ money should be allocated to regular nationwide publicity campaigns to raise people’s awareness about the possible energy shortage in the future with the hope that we can adapt a more green lifestyle.

In conclusion, there are some worries arising from overconsuming natural resources. However, they could be tackled by adopting above mentioned suggestions.