Some employers believe that job applicants social skills are more important than their academic qualifications Do you agree or disagree with this opinion

Some employers believe that job applicants’ social skills are more important than
their academic qualifications. Do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

There has been much discussion revolving around the issue of whether job applicants’ social skills are more important than their academic qualifications. In this essay, I will explain why social skills are more vital,compared with academic qualifications.

The merits of outstanding social skills are apparent. Firstly, communication is the key to
career success in this day and age. This is mainly due to the fact that the 21st century is
best characterised by constant interaction with different people, no matter the communication
happens in person or online. Secondly, the ability to sell products or services is of paramount
significance in any business – this requires strong social skills. For example, an employee
with excellent social skills is able to have an impact in front of customers or clients; as a result,products or services can be perceived as high-value. Furthermore, employees with better
social skills are generally more easy-going,which is very important to the workplace, including the employer. After all, as the saying goes, “Who you work with is as important as what you do.” – An enjoyable work environment needs socially skilful employees.

In contrast, some others may claim that academic qualifications are the pre-requisite of employment. Apparently, many positions require certain qualifications. However, in modern-day society, more and more employers have realised that whether employees can get the results that the business wants is the key to a business’ success. It can be seen that qualifications do not play a key role in this regard.

Having considered both views, I think employees’ social skills are of overriding importance for an organisation. Also, I would suggest employers consider job applicants’ social skills first, which I believe is soundly based on the above reasoning I have presented.