Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people

Everyone has his own specific important factors to choose a friend. Some people may consider reliability their first priority and put other aside, while some others may think that without trustworthy friendship is not venerable. In the real world, we encounter a lot of different people with a lot of different characteristics and relationships. Although some of my friends blame me, some ordinary lies cannot affect my friendship. Needless to say that I never lie but I believe that everyone has his own secrets and we should not probe our friends’ life.

First and most significant reason of friendship is trustworthy. It means that we make sure our friends that we would never tell anybody our secrets or bad feelings. For example, if I could not pass my TOEFL exam and I was ashamed about it, I anticipate that my close friends do not explain my problem for others. When we confide somebody, we accept him or her in the circle of our friendships. But it does not mean that we have to disclose every single part of our private life and if one of our friends asked us some questions irrelevant to his business, we are allowed to tell some small lies. For example, if one of my friends ask a question about my husband, I would give this right to myself to ignore her.

Moreover, sometimes we force people to escape from truth. For instance, when one of my friends wear a nice cloth, if I ask her about the price, she can tell me that she does not want to answer. But if I repeat my question, it is possible she lies. So, I think that it does not matter somebody is stating all the truth or not. After each lie, I perceive that every relationship has boundaries and maybe this is one of them.

Furthermore, some of my friends admonish me that if you do not notice to the truth, it is prone that people deceive you. I think this statement is somehow true but I am talking about ordinary lies which are not destructive. For example, if one of my friends is in our relationship just due to my money and telling me enormous lies, I would discard her soon. It is not logical to continue our friendships when they are not based on basic principles such as reliability and telling the truth. I assert that it is not necessary to tell the truth in all of the situation and cannot cause any trouble.

To sum up aforementioned reasons, the statement of "tell the truth, whatever happened is not important" is not reasonable and we have to tell all the truth only at court and to the judge. An ideal relationship has to tolerate some small lies.

Essays by the user: