People attend college or university for many different reasons (forexample, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge).Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specificreasons and examples to support your answer.

People attend college or university for many different reasons (forexample, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge).
Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific
reasons and examples to support your answer.

College or university plays a crucial role in shaping the future of students. Students from different backgrounds, age, pre college qualification and with different goals attend attend these education hubs for different reasons like for enhancing their knowledge and technical expertise, to get a different and challenging experience or to give their careers a proper direction. But a major chunk of these students join colleges to gain access to quality education that would help them in shaping their careers.

University or college is the cornerstone to a career of a individual. Students, depending upon their interest, enroll in different courses like engineering, medical, law, arts etc. in a particular college. The education imparted in the colleges help students in understanding the real life situations and enhancing their knowledge, which ultimately helps them in getting a good job and a stable career. Getting a good career is the primary motive of student and colleges help them in getting there.

Some people argue that students also join universities to have a different experience and to increase their knowledge. But that is true only for a small fraction of total student population. A person who has interest only in learning will not spend huge sums of money in a university and would never waste time and energy in getting into a good university in this world of cut throat competition. He or she can easily gain knowledge through some correspondence course supplemented by resolute self-study. Students strive hard to get in to a good university and further during their curriculum only to ensure that land up with a decent job or an assured and safe career ahead.
To conclude, while there might be a mixture of people joining college with different backgrounds and motives, but that mixture is skewed towards people who join college or a university with a soel motive to ensure a good and a stable career for their future.