Professors are normally found in university classrooms, offices, and libraries doing research and lecturing to their students. More and more, however, they also appear as guests on television news programs, giving expert commentary on the latest events in

The article mentions about the advantages of a college Professor to appear on a television program and this participation will benefit the Professor, University which he belongs to and the Public who is watching that program. However , the speaker is not in the opinion of the article.

According to the article, the appearance of a Professor on television will increase his reputation in front of other faculty members and make him famous. . According to her , its good to appear on television but it is not good for a professor from professional standpoint. He won't have any reputation as he will not be considered as a serious scholar, instead will be cosidered as the one who entertains and not educates.

Secondly, according to the passage, the views he publishes in the journals are limited to college only. The views and opinions he made in public will inturn benefit the university by getting reputation, donations and potential students. He can discuss more of his ideas that are research oriented. The woman does not agree with this opinion. The speaker suggests another disadvantage with respect to time. He won't be able to attend meetings and the will be unable to get a funding for his research project. The Professor will waste time on the presentation that he needs to give on television, few rehearsals, travelling and make up which can otherwise be utilized for meetings at university, students, research etc.

Last, to mention about public,the article states that the public will get the benefits about the professor's opinion and ideas which can make them an expert in that field. The woman contrasts to this by saying that television has lot of knowledge to offer from trained reporters. Television wants academic title and not intellectual substance. The Professor would put an idea of literary work or some intellectual movie version , which people would not prefer to watch after dinner.

the views he publishes in the journals are limited to college
the views he publish in the journals are limited to college

Sentence: He won't be able to attend meetings and the will be unable to get a funding for his research project.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a modal auxillary
Suggestion: Refer to the and will

Sentence: He won't have any reputation as he will not be considered as a serious scholar, instead will be cosidered as the one who entertains and not educates.
Error: cosidered Suggestion: considered

Sentence: The views and opinions he made in public will inturn benefit the university by getting reputation, donations and potential students.
Error: inturn Suggestion: in return

Write the essay in 20 minutes.