Some managers argue that ongoing employee training is the most important investment a company can make What are your thoughts on the matter

Some managers argue that ongoing employee training is the most important investment a company can make. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Personally, I think employers should not provide thier employees with educational programs. I agree to some point with Andrew that employers must choose and hire best of the best workers without the expectation of training them in the future. Kelly raised relevant point but she didn't mention that provided advanced training courses might not match employees interests and career plans. A worker might be thinking about improving other useful skills, which may be not included in offered educational programs. For instance, an employee who is a great labour might have difficulties in social interaction, but the company provides courses aimed at developing professional skills. So, the employee will not be able to enhance his soft skills, which are more relevant.