Summarize the points made in the lecture being sure to explain how they cast doubt on specific points made in the reading passage TPO 28 http www yousukao com node 5643

Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on specific points made in the reading passage.
TPO-28 http://www.yousukao.com/node/5643.

The lecture disagree from the writer assertation of a man who became famous globally by treking to the north pole in a limited period of time and creating a world record. Below are the three strong contrasting reason that explain the disagreement between the lecturer and writer.

National geographic society assemblemed a commitee to investigated and summarized the achievemnet of Robert. With record and equipment in the trekking points that Robert E Peary reached the north pole however the Lectures talks about the commitee that was established by National gergraphic society was not objective. The commitee consist of Peary friends, who funded his trip to the north pole and hence they were biased and not trustworthy.

Secondly, The write up solidifies the claim Peary would have reached north pole in 37 days because Tom Avery made the same trek within than 37 days proving its possible to cover the distance whereas skepicts argues about Peary achievement by brining the three condition in the light that Tom Avery did not carry the food, the food was dropped by the airplane.The sledge weight that he was carrying was lighter. The lecture refutes the claim by adding favourable climate condition on Tom avery trek, which was not the same as for Peary.

Finally, write up claims the photographs taken by Peary gave an estimate of the sun position in the sky and the sun position seen in the photograph clearly depicts that Peary was in north pole that day. Whereas the lecture refutes the writeup stating that photo was taken 100 years back they are faded and blurr. He also mentioned about the technique used for photography are obsolete. Shadow cannot be used to calculate his position clearly.

To conclude, the lecture does not support the writer claims.