Summarize the points made in the lecture being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific theories mentioned in the reading passage

Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific theories mentioned in the reading passage

The lecture mainly opposed the ideas and solutions provided in the text, discussing the disadvantages behind each proposed solution.
Firstly, the process of dehorning rhinos is impractical since it requires a huge amount of effort, money, and time when applied on a larger scale. Secondly, it is not for the benefit of the rhinos, making them vulnerable to wildlife and unable to protect their children and their territories, getting water, etc.
Concerning the second solution, the lecturer claimed that it might be ineffective to change people's minds in the short term if their beliefs originate in strong cultural backgrounds that might be ancient and a part of their tradition.
The third possibility was also outlined because of the unpredictable outcomes it might cause. The government legalizing the sale of horns might lead to an increase in market demand consequently which would cause the prices to grow, in contrast to what the plan was designed for. Higher prices might even tempt the poachers to kill more rhinos than before.