Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they oppose specific points made in the reading passage.

Both the reading and listening discuss a plan to develop a land between lake and bay. The reading states that this plan will beautify and improve the area. However, the lecturer contrast with specific points made in the reading passage. The professor oppose this idea.

The first point that the lecturer makes is that the development will destroy the view from lake to bay. According to the professor, he suggests to convert the land into a park, so the community can enjoy the view and natural beauty. This point from the lecturer contrast with the reading because the reading only says that the development will motivate the people to live and shop in downtown.

Another point that the lecturer uses to cast doubt on the reading is building condominuims, department will cost more. the lecturer claim that many people with low income won't be able to handle the prices because it's too expensive and that is not fair. However, the reading states that this buildings will turn the area into a desirable place to live, thereby attracting more people to live in downtown.

Finally, the professor stated that, on the contrary of the reading, building companys, real-estates and so on will cost money, In other words, he says that this development will cut many of trees and the city supposed to have more trees and beautiful nature. This contradicts the final idea of the reading passage because it says the project will benefit the city economically in several ways

Essays by the user:

the lecturer uses to cast doubt on the reading is building condominuims, department will cost more.
the lecturer uses to cast doubt on the reading is that building condominuims, department will cost more.

Sentence: However, the reading states that this buildings will turn the area into a desirable place to live, thereby attracting more people to live in downtown.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and buildings

the lecturer claim that
the lecturer claims that

Sentence: Another point that the lecturer uses to cast doubt on the reading is building condominuims, department will cost more. the lecturer claim that many people with low income won't be able to handle the prices because it's too expensive and that is not fair.
Error: condominuims Suggestion: condominiums

----------------------