tpo 07

tpo 07

Both the article and the lecture talk about the new ecological sustainable foresty approach and its effect on the U.S. wood companies. The article states that this eco-certification won't affects the U.S. wood companies and U.S. people. It procides three reasons of support. On the other hand, the professor does not believe so and refuts all the autho'reasons.
First, the article avers that people in U.S. faced a lot of adverrtisment and then folks won't pay much attention to them. Because many usuall companies' product included "new" or 'improved" label people will not get them serious. It will happen for the eco-certification wood goods. However, the professor rebuts this idea by mentioning that people distinguish the difference between a lable from the company and one from a third unbiased company with an international reputation. Hence, this eco-certified label can convince them to buy those products.
Second, the article asserts that having this certifaication will increase the cost of the wood and logically niether companies nor coustomers want to tolerate this expences. It concludes that this more expencive wood products won't be successful in sell. Conversely, the professor avers that a research showed that if this price difference between th eco friendly wood and usual wood products is less than five percent as it is for the eco-certified wood products, people will pay for that willingly because they take care about the envvironment.
Third, the reading claims that American companies which won't sell their products abroad, do not need to take these validation to compete with European wood companies, since U.S. people are their coustomers and they buy those products. Controversially, the lecturer believe that it is not about the competition across the board, it is need to take these certification to be able to compete with European companies in the U.S. market, where American companies should compete with European to take advantage of the U.S. market.