TPO 2 task 1

TPO 2 task 1

The reading passage refers to the beneficial results that organizing people in a group has, while the listening directly contradicts the reading's ideas by illustrating a research and its results.

From what I read in the reading passage, assembling a group of people in order to complete a project is really helpful. More specifically, a group's knowledge covers a wider spectrum than an individual's does, due to the larger number of people that contribute. Moreover, according to the number of people that consist the team and the less responsibility each member has, they will accomplish the job quicker, more efficient and sometimes finding various innovative solutions. In addition, many members can be distinguished amongst others due to their leading role in the decision making, and will be more motivated and willing to work in order to support their decision.

The lecturer projected doubts that contradicted with the central mainpoint of the reading. To be more precise, according to a reasearch that conducted after setting people in groups, most people did not contribute at all in the group's efforts, but they got some credits. Moreover, the group member who provided the insights was not recognized as an individual as the reding has stated. In order to organize the initial plan, the group consumed a lot of time because all members must come to an agreement, thus, moving slowly. Lastly, some influencial people rose in some groups taking bad decisions like ignoring some good ideas or promoting bad ones, but in the end the blame went to the whole group.