Tpo 20

Tpo 20

The article states that, the "let it burn" policy has caused a lot of damages to environment, for example, the Yellowstone park fire last for two months ,and burned a huge area because the policy says, let the fire burn until it is distinguished by itself. However the speaker says, fire is a natural aspect of nature; it is creative not destructive. The speaker refuses each reason of the passage.
First, the reading says, the Yellowstone fire caused tremendous damages to trees and other vegetation, and it burned one third of Yellowstone's land. Though the speaker says that it has good results too, for example, new plants colonized the area, and made a huge diversity among the type of vegetation by clearing up the area with fire. Beside that some seeds need high temperature to grow.
Second, the passage says, large animals were able to run away from the fire but small species were probably unable to escape, and the survived animal won't come back to this place again because there are not any food left for them. However the speaker notes that new opportunity has been available for small animals like rabbits because small plants can grow in the area now, and these small animals can eat these plants. In addition to that predators are showing up in the area because of the presence of animals like rabbits. So the area has a stronger chain now than before.
Third, the passage writes that tourists don't come to the park anymore, and it had negative consequences for the local economy, but the lecturer says that unusual things happened that year, and the fire was not the only reason of low number of tourists, for instance, low rainfall, and strong winds prevented them to visit the park, but now visitors are coming back to the park to enjoy its nature.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.